Sunday, 27 March 2016

Bullying

Hi lovelies,

I thought I'd do a post on bullying today as I recently watched a video on YouTube  about it.

This video was on Facebook doing the rounds and usually I don't even watch the videos on Facebook. But for some reason I did this time. I cried all the way through it. All I could think was what if that was Holly.  

It's a video of a mum telling the story of how her teenage son committed suicide because he was being bullied.

People were calling him names because he liked to trap and hunt. They were texting him horrible things. Someone actually told him to "do them all a favour and go kill yourself". These people are teenagers. They know what right and wrong is. How can they think saying that is ok? 

He was being battered while trying to get to the bus because "he was a p***y and needed his ass kicked" again they know the difference of right and wrong. How can people think this is ok?

I was no angel when I was at school. I done stuff while with groups of people which could be called bulling and I'm not proud of them. But I never picked someone out of a group and bullied that person for no reason. I've called people names and shouldn't have. But I would never have pushed it to the breaking point for that person. 

Long story short, this boy kilt himself with one of his rifles. 

All I could think of was what if that was Holly? I would need to move city. I could not live in that place and see one of those children, that bullied my kid to the point they felt like they needed to take their own life, walking down the street laughing an enjoying life. Doing what my kid should have been doing. I would be jailed for murder. 

Why do kids who know the difference from right and wrong think it's ok to bully to that extent. It doesn't matter what school you go to, there is always going to be conflict and name calling. But to push it to that is just horrendous. 

Unfortunately this happens all to often in our society. I think the schools should be doing more to protect vulnerable kids. 

I just can't get my head around kids old enough to know right from wrong telling someone to go kill themselves. Is it society, parents or peer pressure? Are the in a vulnerable place themselves. 

If I ever found out Holly was bulling someone. She would feel my wrath. I would go as far probably as to do something that would humiliate her to see what it felt like. She would be grounded no money, no friends, banned from all technology until she realised what she was doing. There is no way I would let that continue once I found out about it.

At the same time, I would hope if she seen someone being bullied, that she would go tell an adult about it and keep shouting about it and telling as many adults about it as possible. Till someone listened and done something about it. 

I hope I raise her to be strong and not care what others are saying about her as long as she is doing the right things. Not to give into peer pressure and stand for what she believes. 

Have you ever had an experience like that?

Speak soon 
L x

No comments:

Post a Comment